National Disability Employment Awareness Month takes place in October to educate people about various disabilities and raise awareness about this pool of often-untapped talent. People with disabilities — both visible and invisible — have made strides in gaining visibility but still face discrimination, especially when it comes to hiring. This Meeting in a Box is a valuable resource to help you not only understand, but celebrate, people’s unique abilities and potential in the workforce.
In this packet, we provide
- A historical timeline outlining the victories people with disabilities have achieved
- Facts and figures on this diverse demographic
- An interview with Charles Catherine and Carol Glazer of the National Organization on Disability
- A company spotlight on Ernst & Young, known for being at the forefront of hiring and supporting employees with disabilities.
- A primary tool kit outlining some issues at stake in the upcoming 2020 election for people with disabilities.
- A tip sheet on managing people with disabilities in the workforce will help you support your employees.
Click HERE to download a PDF version of the Disability Employment Awareness Month Meeting in a Box, our diversity-management training and educational tool available only to Benchmarking customers and Fair360 Enterprise subscribers.