Novartis is a DiversityInc Powered by Fair360 Top 50 Hall of Fame company.
The Novartis Board of Directors has nominated all future members of the Sandoz Board of Directors, approving the recommendations from Gilbert Ghostine, Sandoz Chairman-designate.
The Sandoz Board of Directors will have 10 members in total and three sub-committees: a Science, Innovation & Development Committee, a Human Capital & ESG Committee and an Audit, Risk & Compliance Committee.
Four members of the board will be female.
The new members include:
- Dr. Karen J. Huebscher, Vice Chair of the future Board of Directors of Sandoz as well as the ad interim Chair of its Science, Innovation & Development Committee: Non-executive board member in companies, institutions and former CEO of Solvias Group, which she led between 2014 and 2021; previous Novartis roles include Global Head of Investor Relations, Head M&A and Executive Committee Member, Site Head of Vaccines and Diagnostics division
- François-Xavier Roger, Chair of the Audit, Risk & Compliance Committee of Sandoz: Chief Financial Officer of Nestlé S.A.; previously served as CFO of Takeda Pharmaceuticals and CFO at Millicom
- Urs Riedener, Chair of the Human Capital & ESG Committee of Sandoz: Previous CEO of EMMI Group; previous member of the Executive Board and Head of the Marketing Department at Migros-Genossenschafts-Bund
- Dr. Shamiram R. Feinglass, MD, MPH: Most recently Chief Medical Officer for Life Sciences and Diagnostics and Vice President Global Medical Affairs and Policy, Life Sciences and Diagnostics at Danaher
- Aarti Shah, PhD: Former Chief Information and Digital Officer & Senior Vice President at Eli Lilly and Company; board member at both NVIDIA Corporation and Northwestern Mutual
- Yannis Skoufalos: Former Global Product Supply Officer at Procter & Gamble; board member at both Hostess Brands and Sustana
- Remco Steenbergen: Chief Financial Officer of Deutsche Lufthansa AG; previous Group CFO at Barry Callebaut; board member at Swiss International Air Lines
- Dr. Maria Varsellona: Chief Legal Officer and Company Secretary at Unilever; previous General Counsel and Company Secretary of ABB, Chief Legal Officer of Nokia and President of Nokia Technologies
“I am delighted to see our new board members join Sandoz. The composition of this new world class board and the capabilities of its leaders is in line with the Sandoz aspiration as a market leader in its industry. I am looking forward to working with the new board to help set the strategic direction for Sandoz and support its future development,” Ghostine said.
Read more about the new members at novartis.com.