Public health guidance, vaccination rates and rates of infection are changing quickly. But one variable remains constant when it comes to COVID: the need to quickly know if you have it or not. That’s especially true as people re-enter the workplace, children go back to school, variants spread, and flu and cold season heat back up as people interact more with each other.
With rapid testing widely available, we’ve continued to innovate to improve results reporting. Now, our BinaxNOW COVID-19 Self Test allows people to self-report test results through our NAVICA platform. As part of an updated emergency use authorization from the FDA, the ability for people to more easily self-report BinaxNOW test results will allow organizations, such as schools and workplaces, as well as communities, to quickly detect rising COVID-19 cases or potential outbreaks enabling fast and informed decisions on safety measures.
What is it?
- The same BinaxNOW COVID-19 test we all know and love – as the most widely used and studied rapid antigen test in the U.S., our self-test allows people to test for COVID-19 from their homes, with or without symptoms.
- The over-the-counter test is for self-use when people test themselves twice within three days, with at least 36 hours between the two tests.
- Conduct the test from wherever you are, with a minimally invasive nasal swab, and receive rapid, reliable results in 15 minutes.
- BinaxNOW COVID-19 Self Tests are now compatible with NAVICA for self-reporting test results.
- Compatibility with NAVICA technology provides communities and organizations the ability to use our BinaxNOW Self Test to screen employees or students with the confidence they need to stay open.
- Self-reporting is available through the NAVICA Consumer Web and app.
- Important to note if you are traveling: BinaxNOW COVID-19 Self Test results are not considered “verified results” – meaning they cannot be used for international travel to meet CDC guidelines. For verified results while traveling internationally, our BinaxNOW COVID-19 Home Test is a great option.
Where can I get it?
- You can purchase the BinaxNOW Self Test over the counter and online at CVS, Walgreens, Walmart and many national grocery stores throughout the country.
- The NAVICA Consumer Web can be accessed here and the NAVICA app is available in the App Store or Google Play.
- The test does not require a prescription.
- The self-test is indicated for children as young as 2 years old when samples are collected by an adult, and for all people 15 and older.
Answers and information have never been more important as we continue to navigate COVID-19. We’re innovating our technology to bring accessible, reliable and easy testing options to you, when and where they’re needed most.
In a time where it almost feels like we’re moving backward, self-testing and reporting can provide the confidence and peace of mind we need.