AT&T is a Fair360 Top 50 Hall of Fame company.
Climate Week NYC brings together business leaders, government officials, change makers and community members to accelerate climate action and progress. Charlene Lake, Chief Sustainability Officer and SVP of Corporate Social Responsibility at AT&T, shared five themes from the event:
- Climate resilience is a global business imperative.
- We are all vulnerable to the costs of a more extreme climate and must take an interconnected approach to resiliency.
- Public-private partnerships are essential to building stronger communities.
- Leaders are hungry for innovation to prepare for future risks.
- Climate resiliency is core to AT&T’s business purpose.
“For years, AT&T has been working to strengthen our network against the hurricanes, wildfires and floods that seem to be increasing in frequency each year, and it was powerful to see so many of our peers, collaborators and other stakeholders on the same page with a simple, clear mandate: help our business and communities prepare, adapt and recover from climate-related extreme weather,” Lake said.