Team Dow’s operational and financial discipline and an enhanced focus on our people and culture enabled us to deliver a resilient performance in 2022. We have always known that our business succeeds when our employees thrive. Our recognition on the DiversityInc Top 50 Companies for Diversity list is a validation of the progress we have made and encourages us to keep striving for better outcomes.”
“We are proud to receive this recognition from DiversityInc as it benchmarks us against the best while motivating us to take even more deliberate actions to drive sustainable progress for all. At Dow, we believe that diverse teams are more innovative and better-performing teams, and that is why we are on a journey to institutionalize inclusion, diversity and equity into everything we do.
From The Company
Dow continues to make progress against our ALL IN 2025 Inclusion, Diversity and Equity Strategy, which leads with inclusion, elevates our focus on diversity and embeds equity into our practices, policies and processes.
In 2022, we delivered meaningful results and visible progress:
- Improved overall workforce diversity representation of ethnic minorities in the U.S. and women globally.
- Comprised of 2/3 women and U.S. ethnic minorities, Dow’s leadership team remains in the top quartile for gender and ethnic diversity relative to industry peers.
- Continued to outpace the S&P 500 for board diversity. Today, Dow’s Board is made up of 33% women and 33% U.S. ethnic minorities.
- Continued to redefine best-in-class ERG participation with 57.3% of employees and 98% of leaders participating in at least one of our 10 ERGs globally. On average, ERG participants reported 13% points higher overall satisfaction with Dow than non-ERG participants.
- Increased spend with certified diverse suppliers, retained 84% of diverse suppliers from the previous year and launched the first Dow Accelerator mentorship program for diverse suppliers.
- Developed and launched new I&D People Leader Dashboard for increased visibility and transparency to key I&D metrics.
- Hosted signature inclusion events such as the EMERGE All-ERG Conference for employees and the SOAR Inclusion Summit in conjunction with the LPGA Great Lakes Bay Invitational for customers, suppliers and community partners.