“At Humana, we are committed to putting health first, both for our employees and for the customers we serve, which involves understanding and honoring the differences that make us all unique. Our ability to achieve our purpose relies on the strength of our diversity, equity and inclusion efforts as a company and we are more committed than ever to infusing this work into every aspect of how we do business.”
“Building a culture of belonging at Humana is at the heart of our commitments to diversity, equity and inclusion. DEI contributes to better outcomes for our members. We will continue to do the work to ensure every employee, vendor partner and community feels valued and supported in their growth and opportunity with us. Great outcomes are achieved when we do it together.”
From The Company
Humana is committed to putting health first – for our teammates, our customers and our company. Through our Humana insurance services and our CenterWell health care services, we make it easier for the millions of people we serve to achieve their best health – delivering the care and service they need, when they need it. These efforts are leading to a better quality of life for people with Medicare, Medicaid, families, individuals, military service personnel and communities at large. Learn more about what we offer at Humana.com and at CenterWell.com.
Celebrating diverse backgrounds and creating an environment of inclusion is at the heart of Humana. We take intentional steps to nurture a culture where all employees, no matter who they are, feel like they can be their best selves and do their best work. Only then can we make the best decisions for our customers to ensure that they all have a fair and just opportunity to be as healthy as possible. We are thrilled to be recognized by DiversityInc for our culture of inclusion and belonging. We know that our work is far from done, and we remain committed to our journey of advancing equity for our employees, our customers and the communities we serve.
As a company, Humana:
- Launched an enterprise-wide commitment to cultural competence and awareness for leaders and employees in 2022. As a result, over 94% of Humana’s executive leadership have completed cultural competency professional development.
- Achieved our highest number of BIPOC talent and Director+ roles at 21.5%. Hiring through requisition for BIPOC talent in Associate Director and Lead roles reached 36% during 2022, up from 31% in 2021.
- Continued advancing our culture of inclusivity through mentorship with roughly 7,800 employees engaged in individual mentorship, and many others participated in group mentoring programs like Catalyst’s Men Advocating Real Change Dialogue Teams (MDT) and Transformational Leadership for Multicultural Women (TL MCW). 123 employees graduated from the TL MWC program, with 47% of participants reporting a promotion, job shadow, stretch assignment, or visibility opportunity during the program.
- Invested $408 million with diverse suppliers, representing 8.85% of our total spend and continued our Supplier Diversity Mentor-Protégé program.
- Celebrated ten years of partnership with Veterans of Foreign War (VFW). As part of this partnership, VFW and Humana co-created the Uniting To Combat Hunger campaign to raise awareness and address food insecurity for veterans. More than 3.5 million meals have been provided to date as part of this campaign.
- The Humana Foundation donated more than 22.5 million to communities to advance health equity through collaborations and investments that support seniors, veterans, underrepresented populations and school-aged children in living connected, healthy lives.