Diversity, equity and inclusion at Marriott International is about energizing leaders to champion our culture every day and ensuring all associates feel they belong and have opportunities to succeed, learn and grow. It’s a business imperative for us and an essential part of our people-first culture. We are honored to have our journey recognized by DiversityInc and proud to be a member of the Hall of Fame.
“At Marriott International, we are infusing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion into everything we do. By prioritizing DEI, we’re creating a strong and inclusive culture where every associate has the opportunity to grow and feels empowered to deliver exceptional service to our valued customers, owners, and suppliers.
From The Company
- Invested in associates and provided access to opportunities by enhancing our Retirement Savings Plan, increasing the dollar-for-dollar match and the frequency of vesting. Additionally, we launched an Employee Stock Purchase Plan for US-based associates, allowing them to purchase company stock at a discount, and expanded bonus eligibility to approximately 30% more management associates globally.
- Launched Bridging The Gap, a multi-year, $50 million development program that aims to address the barriers to entry into owning and developing hotels in the U.S. and Canada for historically underrepresented groups, namely Black, Native American/ First Nation, Hispanic/ Latino, and Women investors.
- Grew great leaders by refreshing our leadership competencies to amplify our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. Additionally, we introduced Become by Marriott International, a fresh approach to career growth and development designed to help associates think beyond what job they want to have to who they want to become. The new tool provides associates with tangible resources to drive career growth – so associates can better understand who they are today, imagine where they want to go next, and build toward their goals in practical ways.
- Enhanced the support for our Associate Resource Groups (ARGs), working with senior executives from across the business to amplify the reach of the ARGs across the globe.
- Celebrated a significant milestone, with one million associates being trained to recognize and respond to signs of human trafficking. With the support of the American Hotel and Lodging Association Foundation, Marriott continues to make the training available to the hospitality industry and beyond via ECPAT-USA.