Diversity and inclusion have been an integral part of our company’s mission and values for more than 50 years and we will continue to live by those core values. We thrive on what makes us unique, and we are all stronger when we bring together different perspectives to drive innovation and results. We’re an agent of change in the communities we serve, striving to help people live more prosperous lives through better access to technology, education, job skills, social and environmental equity.
Across all levels of our business, we want our employees to be reflective of our diverse communities. We embrace and foster an environment that builds on the unique talents that come from a variety of people and perspectives. Together, we are better.
From The Company
Cox has always had a strong commitment to inclusion and diversity – it is in our DNA and started with the founder of the company. In Cox’s 17th year of participating in the survey, we welcomed a new EVP & Chief People Officer, Kia Painter. With President Mark Greatrex and Kia now Co-Chairing Cox’s National Inclusion, Diversity & Equity Council, Cox ensures inclusion, diversity and equity are top of mind when it comes to how we do business, make an impact in the community and prioritize our employees.
At Cox, we champion inclusion, reflect our diverse communities and empower our great people to build a better future together. Some of our key initiatives in the past year include:
- Recurring connections with our ID&E Councils and Taskforces
- Expanding our advocacy / sponsorship program: SOAR
- ERGs now available across the Cox enterprise
- Establishment of the Center for Inclusion to ensure consistent One Cox ID&E experience for all employees
- Continued focus on ID&E goals and strategy that incorporate feedback from our annual Engagement & Inclusion Index scores (Voice of the Employee)
- Supporting our employees through the many difficult moments we have faced as a community by providing resources and opportunities to connect