“Our transition to an all-electric future is just as much about our people as it is about the technology, and we firmly believe that our diverse talent is central to the innovation that is driving our industry forward. We’re committed to ensuring that this transition is inclusive and we will continue to foster a culture where everyone feels that they belong.”
“Our goal is to create a climate where everyone is valued for who they are and are able to contribute in a way that elevates their skills and passions while working as one team to grow our business. Galvanizing our global team in trust, transparency and innovation will allow us to not only lead the industry but more positively impact communities and the world.”
From The Company
Led by Chair and CEO Mary Barra, GM continues its work to be a more inclusive company. To foster this, the company formed DEI inclusion committees, cultural ambassador teams and added a “Generations” focused employee resource group (ERG), among other actions.
As a company, GM:
- Celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Diverse Dealer Development Program, which focuses on developing African American, Asian, Hispanic and Native American entrepreneurs for future dealership ownership opportunities.
- Expanded its Total Rewards (benefits and policies) for eligible employees to include domestic partners and children of domestic partners to their benefits including medical, dental, vision and more.
- Disclosed its EEO-1 Consolidated Report, a snapshot of GM’s U.S. workforce demographics from the previous year, for the second year in a row.
- Established the “Generations” employee resource group (ERG), GM’s 12th ERG, focused on breaking down generational stereotypes and bias through cross-generational sharing and teamwork.
- Expanded military leave benefits for U.S. salaried employees.
- Continued to contribute philanthropic dollars to organizations that are creating positive social and generational impact for historically underrepresented communities.
- Committed an initial investment of $10 million from our Inclusion Fund toward organizations that promote inclusion in the areas of health, education, and economic empowerment.
- Launched the industry-first five-point diverse media plan which reinforced GM’s commitment to relationships with diverse media and through the plan, enables engagement, economic empowerment and sustainable growth with diverse media.
- To learn more about the latest DE&I progress at GM, check out the company’s 2022 Sustainability Report here.
Top 50 Ranking History
Other DiversityInc Lists
|Top Companies for Board of Directors||2023||8|