Johnson & Johnson enjoys a strong partnership with DiversityInc, whose focus on metrics, accountability and talent development are aligned to our own DEI strategy. Without measurement and accountability, there is no proof of progress. And it will take all of us, making progress together, to advance the important work of eliminating racial and social health inequities.
Society is demanding more from us as organizations, including greater transparency and accountability to accelerate DEI outcomes. We have a responsibility to meet this moment and drive change within our organizations and for society as a whole.
From The Company
At Johnson & Johnson, we treat Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) as we would any other business opportunity or challenge. We started by building a strategic plan, and then we completed an extensive situation assessment. This helped us to understand key insights internally and externally.
Those insights led to the development of our evidence-based enterprise strategy, which helps us to prioritize and disproportionately invest in the initiatives that drive differentiated outcomes.
- Accelerate our global culture of inclusion where every individual belongs.
- Build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our communities.
- Transform talent and business processes to achieve equitable access and outcomes for all.
- Drive innovation and growth with our business to serve diverse markets around the world.
We have identified five critical success factors to help drive DEI outcomes at our company, which include:
- Having the right tone at the top. Our CEO and senior leaders demonstrate their commitment and drive Diversity, Equity and Inclusion as an organizational priority.
- Embedding our evidence-based strategy into systems and processes to drive equity.
- Implementing a strong communication and change management plan to engage all employees across our organization.
- Measuring what we do to drive accountability.
- Focusing on DEI long-term outcomes, not short-term activities and programs.
Johnson & Johnson continues to close the health disparity gap by deploying our resources and expertise to provide equitable healthcare solutions for communities of color and forging partnerships and alliances that address racial and social health determinants. One of the ways we activate on this commitment is through Our Race to Health Equity (ORTHE), announced in 2020, dedicating $100 million towards eliminating health inequities for people of color in the US.
Other DiversityInc Lists
|Top Companies for Supplier Diversity||2023||17|
|Top Companies for Black Executives||2023||4|
|Top Companies for Sponsorship||2023||10|