Environmental, social, and governance (ESG) principles have become a driving force in the corporate world. More than just a trend, ESG performance is increasingly seen as a reflection of a company’s commitment to sustainability, social responsibility and good corporate governance. In 2020, Fair360, formerly DiversityInc, published our first Top Companies for ESG Index. Since then, we have collected additional data to produce a ranked list.
2023 Top Companies for ESG
- Hilton | Hall of Fame Company 2023 | No. 1 in 2021 | Chris Nassetta, Global CEO
- Mastercard | No. 1 in 2023 | Michael Meibach, Global CEO
- Toyota North America | No. 4 in 2023 | Tetsuo Ogawa, U.S. CEO
- U.S. Bank | No. 11 in 2023 | Andy Cecere | Chairman, President, and CEO
- Medtronic | No. 2 in 2023 | Geoff Martha | Chairman and CEO
ESG and Strategic Business Integration
Moody’s Corporation and State Street Corporation are leading examples of companies integrating ESG factors into their business strategy. Their commitment to ESG is not merely a box-ticking exercise but a strategic approach to long-term value creation. Both have ranked on the 2023 Top 50 list.